This estimator position is a great opportunity for those who thrive when working under pressure and have incredible attention to detail. A successful candidate must be skilled in construction techniques, quantity takeoff methods, and scheduling! The estimator will lead their team by preparing complete estimates with accuracy while also identifying potential risks or errors within the plans. They should then communicate effectively with owners and engineers to ensure all bids are completed on time. This role requires an individual who can think quickly.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Attend Pre-Bid Meetings as well as pre-bid jobsite visits.
- Time management: possess the ability to work quickly and accurately while efficiently scheduling the completion of several bids within a specific time frame.
- Assess past costs to understand labor production and equipment needs.
- Thoroughly understand plans and specifications.
- Computer savvy with the ability to learn estimating software as well as blue beam/ onscreen to assist with quantity take-offs.
- Ability to compile detailed quantity take-offs
- Contact Subcontractors and Suppliers (Communication Skills)
- Obtain/review quotes from subcontractors/suppliers/business partners to confirm best price and work scope coverage
- Enter Labor, Material, Equipment, Subcontractors, and project overhead for each respective project.
- Knowledge and efficiency in Microsoft Excel, Bluebeam, On-screen, and Agtek
- Work in accordance with Crossland core values: trust, integrity, responsibility, and passion
- You will need a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management or a related field.
- A minimum of the following:
- 5+ years estimating experience
- 5-10+ years project management experience
- Strong business and financial knowledge and the ability to be a relationship builder with strong industry ties.
- Health and Dental
- Life Insurance
- 401k Retirements plan with match
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Education opportunities
- Company car and fuel card
- Company laptop
- Company cell phone
- FUN Company Parties
- Family Events + Retreats
- Company Vehicle
- Fuel Card (Based on Job Title)
- Safety Incentives for Field Employees
- Milestone Anniversary Dinner + Gifts
- Company Parties + Family Functions + Retreats
- Logo Apparel + Swag
- Free Diapers for New Parents
- Flu Shots
About Crossland Heavy Contractors
We’re a commercial construction company with experience across all market sectors. In 1993, Heavy Contractors was founded to broaden our range of expertise and give clients Crossland-quality construction in the heavy civil and environmental industries.
Interested in this position? Fill in this form to get started