The estimator will manage and lead estimating efforts, supervising a team of estimators as job requires. This position specializes in estimating accurately and comprehensively the amounts of materials, equipment, and labor necessary for the construction project. Estimators work with drawings and specifications to prepare a complete estimate to construct the project at task. Able to identify risk and errors within plans and correspond with owner and engineer in a timely manner to achieve clarification necessary to complete bid. Knowledge of construction techniques, Quantity Takeoff Methods, and scheduling are essential skills required. Estimators frequently work under the pressure of timelines. They should possess the ability to work accurately and quickly under pressure.
- Attend Pre-Bid Meetings as well as pre-bid jobsite visits.
- Time management: possess the ability to work quickly and accurately while efficiently scheduling the completion of several bids within a specific time frame.
- Assess past costs to understand labor production and equipment needs.
- Thoroughly understand plans and specifications.
- Computer savvy with the ability to learn estimating software as well as blue beam/ onscreen to assist with quantity take-offs.
- Ability to compile detailed quantity take-offs
- Contact Subcontractors and Suppliers (Communication Skills)
- Obtain/review quotes from subcontractors/suppliers/business partners to confirm best price and work scope coverage
- Understand means and methods of Road/Bridge Construction, Water/Wastewater Treatment Plants, Pump Stations, Lift Stations, & Utility Work
- Enter Labor, Material, Equipment, Subcontractors, and project overhead for each respective project.
- Knowledge and efficiency in Microsoft Excel, Bluebeam, On-screen, and Agtek
- Work in accordance with Crossland core values: trust, integrity, responsibility, and passion
2+ years experience, including experience with water/sewer treatment plants.
A bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or a related field is preferred
Experience in Estimating (Heavy/Civil) is preferred.
Strong business and financial knowledge and the ability to be a relationship builder with strong industry ties.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Health and Dental
- Life Insurance
- 401k Retirements plan with match
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Education opportunities
- Company car and fuel card
- Company laptop
- Company cell phone
- FUN Company Parties
- Family Events + Retreats
- Company Vehicle
- Fuel Card (Based on Job Title)
- Safety Incentives for Field Employees
- Milestone Anniversary Dinner + Gifts
- Company Parties + Family Functions + Retreats
- Logo Apparel + Swag
- Free Diapers for New Parents
- Flu Shots
About Crossland Heavy Contractors
We’re a commercial construction company with experience across all market sectors. In 1993, Heavy Contractors was founded to broaden our range of expertise and give clients Crossland-quality construction in the heavy civil and environmental industries.
Interested in this position? Fill in this form to get started