What information do we collect?
We collect “Non-Personal Information” and “Personally Identifiable Information/PII.” Non-Personal Information includes information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as anonymous usage data, general demographic information we may collect, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, preferences you submit, and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks. Personally Identifiable Information/PII is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context, such as your name, email address, mailing address, or phone number.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you submit a form, subscribe to a newsletter, apply for a job through our online career center, receive our publications, fill out a form, or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To personalize user experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and service offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website to better serve you.
- To allow us to better serve you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To send marketing emails promoting and informing you of other services we offer and invite you to events.
- For job applicants, we use information you provide us when submitting online applications for job vacancies or otherwise when you express your interest to join our team. If you are selected for an opening, your personal data shall be further processed and kept confidential in accordance with our employee policies at the point of your onboarding.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized use. We use technological security measures including encryption, firewalls, continuous vulnerability and malware scanning, and secure socket layer technology. Your information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of people with special access rights who are required to keep the information confidential. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of such firewalls or secure servers. By using our website, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
Do we sell or transfer your information?
We do not sell, trade, rent, share, or otherwise transfer your PII to outside parties without your consent. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, address fraud, or protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of our company, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
What are your rights regarding the use of your information?
You have the right at any time to prevent us from contacting you for marketing purposes. When we send a promotional communication to a user, the user can opt out of further promotional communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each email.
Do we use “cookies”?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements and marketing activities.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
- You can choose to have your computer/device warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. If you disable cookies in your browser, some features of our website will be disabled, including the features that make your site experience more efficient, and some of our services will not function properly. Your personalized preferences and experiences will also be null.
How does our site handle “do not track” signals?
We honor “do not track” signals and do not track or plant cookies when a Do Not Track browser mechanism is in place.
How do we use third-party links?
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website. The website may contain hyperlinks to non-Crossland websites that may be of interest to users. Crossland does not control or monitor the privacy, accuracy, quality, or integrity of those sites. You should check the privacy notice and policies of each website you visit. Links to third-party sites are provided solely for your convenience, and any use or submission of data to such sites shall be at your sole risk.
Do we use Google AdSense?
No. We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site.
How do we comply with the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)?
In order to comply with CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
How do we comply with the Children Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)?
This website and Crossland’s services are not directed to anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit information from children under 13. If you believe we have collected such information, please contact us at email@example.com.
How do we comply with the CAN-SPAM Act?
We may collect your email address in order to send information, respond to inquiries and/or other requests or questions, market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients, and invite our clients to events. In order to comply with the CAN-SPAM Act, we agree to the following:
- We will not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- We will identify appropriate emails as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- We will include the physical address of our business or site headquarters in marketing emails.
- We will monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- We honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests.
- We allow users to unsubscribe to marketing emails by using a link in each email.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information (EEA Visitors Only)
If you are a visitor/customer located in the European Economic Area (EEA), Crossland is the data controller of your PII. Crossland can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our legal basis for collecting and using PII as described above will depend on the PII concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will generally only collect PII from you when we have your consent to do so, when we need PII to perform a contract with you, or when the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect PII from you. If we ask you to provide PII to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your PII is mandatory or not as well as of the possible consequences of not providing such information. Similarly, if we collect and use your PII in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third-party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.