Ways For Crews To Beat The Heat
During these months, when the heat is at its peak, the best defense is a great offense. Here a few ways to help your crews keep cool during these Summer months.
1) Drink plenty of water
2) Wear protective clothing
3) Plan strenuous work on cooler days, if possible. If this is not possible, make sure there is plenty of help to give everyone a break.
4) Create some shade to work in and rest in
5) Let new workers get acclimatized to the heat
6) Know your sign – your body will tell you if you are low on water or getting too hot
- Muscle cramps
- Cool moist skin with goosebumps when in heat
- Heavy sweating
Always remember: drink plenty of water, do not overexert yourself, take frequent short breaks. Go Safe everyone and take care of one another.