This position must have verifiable work experience as a superintendent, with additional construction experience required. Must understand schedules and be able to complete projects on time and on budget by tracking variances and cost projections. Superintendents must have a proven track record supervising and coordinating all personnel including subcontractors and materials to prevent delays. Candidate selected must be highly motivated. Bachelor’s Degree in construction management or equivalent required. Drug screen, physical and criminal background check is required of successful candidates.
- Organizes, coordinates, and supervises the work of the assistant superintendent, field engineers, craft employees, and all subcontractors on construction projects. Acts as an adviser to the owner, design team, and all tradesmen associated with the project.
- Determines work priorities, and coordinates work activities with all necessary parties to ensure that the project remains efficient and on schedule.
- Oversees the terms and conditions of construction contracts.
- Apportions work among employees and subcontractors according to project needs and coordinates work so that it maintains a smooth flow among the various trades.
- Introduces new trades to the projects as the project requires them and collaborates with management of the various trades to ensure the work is carried out in a manner consistent with the project plans and specifications.
- Provides a safe work environment through creating a culture of safety for the project and holding each individual on the project accountable for safe behavior. Regularly holds safety meetings and makes sure that the company’s safety policies are being enforced.
- Works as a liaison to the owner and coordinates plans and construction activities with the owner.
- Sources material suppliers for consumables required to construct the project and estimates materials required for specific jobs. Orders materials and coordinates deliveries of materials to coincide with construction progress. Ensures that the materials for construction are on the project site as they are required and are stored in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations. Coordinates materials staging are as between the various trades and monitors material deliveries.
- Maintains inventory and control over the projects tools, materials, equipment, and security.
- Writes and maintains a project’s daily record in detail through daily reports. Communicates those reports to the office on a daily basis.
- Holds, at minimum, weekly coordination meetings between all subcontractors who are currently on site and any that will be on site in the near future. Coordinates work flows, safety, environmental concerns, manpower requirements, materials requirements and overall schedule through these meetings.
- Is responsible for the overall project schedule. Writes and maintains short term interval schedules for the use and review of all trades on the project. Included are all phases of work that are current and applicable. Maintains overall project schedule through implementation of the short term interval schedule.
- Is responsible for quality control on the project: holds all works accountable for adherence to the project plans and specifications. Holds pre-installations meetings to review installation procedures for all major materials used and has a thorough understanding of the project specifications and industry standards for installation of all materials to be used. Pre-installation meetings include manufacturers representatives, required design team members, affect ed subcontractors, and if necessary the owners representative. Assures that the work adheres to the project plans, specifications, codes, and other governmental agencies requirements. Coordinates inspections and insures that testing is being performed per the contract documents.
- Maintains project budget through management of all labor associated with the project. Tracks and monitors the labor force for productivity .
- Manages company and rental equipment for maximum productivity and minimum cost.
- Keeps accurate record of time for employees, accurately codes the time to the tasks completed and reports time to the office in a timely manner.
- Coordinates and facilitates the closeout of the project. Is responsible to assure that all punch list items are completed in a timely manner and that the own er is satisfied with both the quality and timeliness of the project as it is completed.
- Maintains a good relationship with the project manager and works as a team to complete the project.
- Act as a mentor for subordinates and regularly reviews their performance and makes recommendations for improvements and wage adjustments.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Health and Dental
- Life Insurance
- 401k Retirements plan with match
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Education opportunities
- Paid Weather Days
- Company car and fuel card
- Company laptop and cell phone
- FUN Company Parties
- Family Events + Retreats
- Safety Incentives for Field Employees
- Milestone Anniversary Dinner + Gifts
- Company Parties + Family Functions + Retreats
- Logo Apparel + Swag
- Free Diapers for New Parents
- Health Screenings and Flu Shots
About Crossland National Accounts Division
Led by Mike Farrington, our National Accounts division has helped companies such as Love’s, Target, and Cabela’s reach their expansion goals through attention to detail and industry know-how. Come be a part of our growing team!
Interested in this position? Fill in this form to get started