We are looking for highly motiviated candidates. This position can be physically demanding at times and candidates must be willing to travel. If you’re a hard worker, love being outdoors, and enjoy a team atmosphere and camaraderie, this is the job for you!
Performs any combination of the following duties on construction projects to raise, place and unite girders, columns and other structural steel members to form completed structures or structure frameworks; working as a member of a crew. Drug screen, physical and criminal background check is required of successful candidates.
- Sets up hoisting equipment for raising and placing structural steel members
Installs rigging from the steel members to the hook of the hoist, sling chain, cable or rope. By becoming a certified Rigger
- Signals worker operating hoisting equipment to lift and place steel member, by becoming a certified signal person.
- Guides member using tag line (rope) or by hands from a ladder, scaffold or a mechanical lift in order to guide it into position.
- Pulls, pushes, or pries steel members into approximate position while member is supported by hoisting device.
- Forces members into final position, using spud wrenches, bull pins, drift pins and other hand tools.
- Aligns bolt holes in member with corresponding holes in previously member by driving drift pins or handle of a spud wrench through holes.
- Verifies vertical and horizontal alignment of members, using plumb bob, hand level, laser plumb level or a surveying transit.
- Bolts aligned members to keep them in position until they can be permanently bolted or welded in place.
- Cuts and welds steel members to make alterations, using the proper AISC welding equipment.
- May specialize in erecting or repairing specific types of structures.
- Health and Dental
- Life Insurance
- 401k Retirements plan with match
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Education opportunities
- Paid Weather Days
- Company car and fuel card
- Company laptop and cell phone
- FUN Company Parties
- Family Events + Retreats
- Safety Incentives for Field Employees
- Milestone Anniversary Dinner + Gifts
- Company Parties + Family Functions + Retreats
- Logo Apparel + Swag
- Free Diapers for New Parents
- Health Screenings and Flu Shots
About Crossland Construction
With a company built on family—by family—it’s no surprise that working here is so much more than just putting on a hard hat and work boots.
At Crossland, you join a group of Real Builders who care about bringing long-lasting facilities to our clients and providing the best culture and opportunities for our employees. With our own in-house education program, you’ll find the resources, support, and training necessary to put you on the path to success.
Interested in this position? Fill in this form to get started