About the Role
We are looking for candidates with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience operating heavy equipment machinery. This position can be physically demanding at times and includes long seat hours. Some travel may be necessary, and you must have your own transportation. If you’re a hard worker, love being outdoors, and enjoy a team atmosphere and camaraderie, this is the job for you!
Performs any combination of the following duties on construction projects, usually working in a utility capacity and by transferring from one task to another.
- Operating heavy equipment including excavators, dozers, scrapers, backhoes, rollers, blade and skid steer.
- Operate routinely used tools and equipment.
- Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Load and unload equipment from vehicles and trailers.
- Complete required paperwork, forms and records as required.
- Coordinate machine actions with crew members in response to hand or audio signals.
- Ability to work without close supervision once directed on task.
- Obeys and follows all safety rules on the job site and encourages others to do the same.
- Maintains a good relationship with co-workers and works well with others to accomplish a task.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Health and Dental
- Life Insurance
- 401k Retirements plan with match
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Education opportunities
- Company car and fuel card
- Company laptop
- Company cell phone
- FUN Company Parties
- Family Events + Retreats
- Company Vehicle
- Fuel Card (Based on Job Title)
- Safety Incentives for Field Employees
- Milestone Anniversary Dinner + Gifts
- Company Parties + Family Functions + Retreats
- Logo Apparel + Swag
- Free Diapers for New Parents
- Flu Shots
About Crossland Heavy Contractors
We’re a commercial construction company with experience across all market sectors. In 1993, Heavy Contractors was founded to broaden our range of expertise and give clients Crossland-quality construction in the heavy civil and environmental industries.
Interested in this position? Fill in this form to get started