About the Role
Crossland is seeking an experienced crane operator willing to travel. We offer excellent pay, per diem when traveling and benefits including health, dental, 401k and holiday pay. We offer paid education opportunities and are able to NCCER credential.
The Crane Operator is responsible for operating a stationary or traveling crane to lift, move, position, and re-position loads. Depresses buttons, lifts levers, and ensures load is safely attached to crane before bringing it down. Operating heavy equipment including excavators, dozers, scrapers, backhoes, rollers, blade and skid steer.
- Operate crane under general supervision.
- Manipulate or depress cane controls to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement according to written, verbal, or signal instructions.
- Repair crane as needed.
- Inspect crane for safety issues on a daily basis.
- Determine if any parts are malfunctioning.
- Complete job tickets, service quality summaries, and all other necessary paperwork.
- Lift, position and place machinery, equipment or other large objects at construction sites and industrial facilities.
- Place blocks and outriggers to prevent capsizing when lifting heavy loads.
- Move levers and pedals to rotate crane on chassis to raise and lower crane boom and to raise and lower load-line.
- Bolt boom sections together to extend or modify boom for pile driving or high lifting.
- Work with in precise limits and standards of accuracy.
- Operate crane according to signals from signaler.
- Start and stop crane engine.
- Follow directions carefully.
- Health and Dental
- Life Insurance
- 401k Retirements plan with match
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Education opportunities
- Company car and fuel card
- Company laptop
- Company cell phone
- FUN Company Parties
- Family Events + Retreats
- Company Vehicle
- Fuel Card (Based on Job Title)
- Safety Incentives for Field Employees
- Milestone Anniversary Dinner + Gifts
- Company Parties + Family Functions + Retreats
- Logo Apparel + Swag
- Free Diapers for New Parents
- Flu Shots
About Crossland Heavy Contractors
We’re a commercial construction company with experience across all market sectors. In 1993, Heavy Contractors was founded to broaden our range of expertise and give clients Crossland-quality construction in the heavy civil and environmental industries.
Interested in this position? Fill in this form to get started