The 3,430 square-foot free-spanning Pedestrian Bridge rises over Riverside Drive, connecting Gathering Place’s green space and offering park guests views of the Arkansas River.
The bridge created out of cast-in-place concrete. Interior styrofoam voids were used to reduce the overall weight, and post-tension cables were used to increase the bridge’s strength.
The bridge’s unique underbelly yields a wood-grain appearance. Special form liners during production were used to create a unique façade.
Known for our self-performing capabilities, we used these skills to help drive the schedule and quality of this project:
- Structural support piling
- Forming and pouring all concrete
- Forming the haunches
- Creating small board forms
- Placing post-tensioning components
- Installing ornamental handrail system with LED lighting