About Crossland Construction Company, Inc.
Crossland Construction Company is a leader in our industry and we continue to grow. Crossland has Midwest team member opportunities for hardworking, dedicated men and women. We work year round, and offer excellent compensation, and benefits, including health and dental insurance, a 401K-retirement plan, and paid time off. Crossland also offers in-house education programs that allow team members to advance their careers. When you work for Crossland, you become part of the family, and the benefits and opportunities are endless.
Crossland Construction is seeking college graduates with degrees in construction for the entry level, salaried position of Field Engineer. A Field Engineer has the opportunity to climb the ladder to Craft Superintendent, and onto Superintendent and Project Engineer. A Field Engineer’s primary goal should be to gain knowledge on how projects are built and managed by Crossland personnel. A Field Engineer will spend the majority of time in the field assisting with the execution of day-to-day operations. Crossland Field Engineers maintain these positions, on average, for one to three years to ensure adequate training. Promotions are determined on an individual basis. Commitment, ambition, knowledge, and attitude are our top considerations when considering the promotion of our Field Engineers.
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K-retirement plan with match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Paid educational opportunities
- Paid company-provided cell phone
- Plan and monitor jobsite safety.
- Study of plans and specifications to gain overall project understanding.
- Project layout in its entirety, including total station and GPS layout.
- Project quality control, including pre-pour checklist, record information for as-built drawings.
- Gather quantities for work in place, report cost control meetings and pay applications.
- Assist in subcontractor control and scheduling.
- Project documentation, including daily reports, three-week schedules, timekeeping, and equipment reports.
- Assist in procurement of jobsite organization and materials.
- Daily and weekly photography to document project, uploaded to Box, with emails to the Board on the third Friday of every month.
- Upfront documentation of jobsite conditions via video and photography.
- Protect and care for company owned assets, including tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of all subcontractor scopes of work.